Thursday, April 15, 2021

VLOG March City Life 2021: 7 Years In the City! Weight-loss & Health Update #3 ...Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals + Hauls


March was definitely an interesting month in quarantine (coming up on a year now). For the most part, I was sick, like the last 3 weeks of March. I always enjoy time in my new home -which also will be coming up non-living here for one year. I haven't accomplished a lot decor wise. I have this new couch and it's a lot smaller than expected; I am now like "what to do???" So, other than that, my office is a mess, and still a work in progress. 

So, my fitness journey is progressing. I was not able to get a weigh in for about three weeks on our old scale and I kept thinking "this scale must be broken". Hubs bought a fancy digital scale that will scan your whole body composition so I hopped on there and sure enough I was finally at 124.8 pounds. Now, you may ask, what is my goal weight and why? I have been chronicling this since the start which would be the last week of November 2020. My normal weight is 120-125 lbs. I have always been that weight unless I was on some kind of contraceptive or when I was a eating gluten. So, I have 4.8 lbs to go and I am consistently loosing about 4 pounds a month.


Diet
Low carb
Low meat intake with a focus on eggs.
Low amount processed foods with focus on Whole Foods (not the store whole unprocessed foods).
Lots of seafood.
Low dairy with a focus on Greek Yogurt.
High veggie and fruits
No gluten 
No snacks other than fruits and veggies or salads most of the time.
No fried food
No sweets as in desserts. 

This probably sounds strict, but I already can't have gluten or much meat so this has been my life for the last 12 years although I did eat more pasta before. The whole reason I started food blogging was to share healthy food that is naturally gluten free as well as restaurant food that is gluten free and can be just as fun and exciting. So over the years my diet has become really refined because I just stopped wanting things I couldn't have. Something indulging for me would be pho, oysters, crab legs with no butter. 


March was a big month for takeout! That is how I got food poisoning. These little drives to get our food mean a lot to me because I am so tired of being cooped up. There are talks between us about getting vaccinated on April 5th when its available to all ages also.



Takeout - Kelp Sushi Joint



HAULS:






C/O ETTIKA



C/O TRUE BOTANICALS

Pure Radiance Calm
Use code FLORIDA15 that will work  for 15% off a True Botanicals purchase.

The ultimate skin-transforming powerhouse for sensitive skin features 27 plant-actives and one of the most potent Calendula oils curated from a nutrient-dense, regenerative farm to help fight inflammaging and keep skin calm. This moisturizing oil is packed with nutrient rich oils like cold-pressed cucumber seed oil, organic hemp and jojoba seed oils and fresh ginger root oil to calm redness and inflammation. Calm Pure Radiance Oil is pregnancy safe.


I realized it had a while since I purchased some stones so I hopped on Etsy and found a seller with stones I knew I wanted. For the most part I went for more raw stones this time around.


RAW BLACK LABRADRITE


LAPIS AZUL



FIRE QUARTZ


BROWN ZEBRA JASPER




 GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


Breakfast



Mediterranean Baked salmon salad w/ feta


Turkey Zuppa Tuscana

This recipe is exactly the same as the Olive Garden copycat recipe except I used ground turkey. Since I used ground turkey instead of the spicy Italian sausage I mixed my own Italian seasoning blend to add to the meat as it cooked so you get the same flavor profile.


Italian seasoning for the group turkey

  • parsley
  • Italian seasoning (premixed store brand is fine)
  • black pepper
  • fennel seed
  • paprika
  • red pepper fakes
  • salt
  • onion powder
  • garlic powder



Salmon roe Spring salad w/ buttermilk Ranch







No comments:

Post a Comment