Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Live By Night: Multi Plaid Poncho Cardigan + Jeans + Ankle Boots

                        

Well, everyone is talking about the anniversary of the pandemic which so happens to fall on the date of this blog post. I must say for the last year I have been in doors almost 95% of the time, up until about November 2020 when I had to leave home for a doctors visit. A lot of my posts have been really strained and I was scared to even be outside even at home so I looked scared in the photos in the start of the pandemic.

Later in the year I knew I could go out and remain safe in some of my favorite areas, but couldn't risk it. For months we have been doing takeout date nights which you can find under "the Great American Takeout". So, tonight you know we went out to get our takeout for date night in and look at this, I was smiling! I am not trying to sound dramatic, but I was relaxed and smiling, but far far away from anyone else and believe me there were a ton of people partying nearby (I would have freaked out and I always have my mask). It feels so good just to go for a drive, to get some food I did not have to make, and to not feel like I am going to get sick just for leaving my home (yard etc). 

You can have fear and hope at the same time and for a lot of the year I think a lot of us operated on just fear- and there is nothing wrong with that given the circumstances. At some point we have to start taking those baby steps towards something better, for me it's better living in my "new normal" while remaining safe meaning I am not jumping on any airplanes or going to unmasked parades in Tampa anytime soon. 

I am looking forward to Spring in 10 days and hopefully my birthday lookbook will be ready! I hope you all enjoy the content, I know it's not as it used to be looking back at the last 6 years because everything is cancelled and I get less work as a blogger also because of the pandemic citywise, but I did it my way without compromising what I believed in and that is important to me. There was one job I really regret not taking, but these things have their own way of working out.

So, congratulations to baby steps, those of you that have gotten your vaccines and those of you who are taking other steps. Mental health is a huge deal and being able to go outside without fear is so important. 

My most popular blog posts are the ones I made the entire week before March 12th, 2020. Thank you all for the continued interest as I navigate what is the "new normal". For now we will continue to "Live By Night".

XOXO

I will be back later this month with the birthday stuff and February's City Life. 


















Harvest Moon Red Multi Plaid Poncho Cardigan: Red Dress Boutique

Tank: Zara basics, not recent

Skinny Jeans: Red Dress Boutique

Ankle boots: Not recent, Just Fab LUXE

Headband: Lulus

Necklace: C/O Ettika

Choker: C/O Ettika

Bracelets: C/O Ettika

Lipstick: C/O Avon


Thai Prime
Everything is gluten free


Shrimp fried rice











No comments:

Post a Comment