Tuesday, March 16, 2021

February City Life 2021: Self Care With FabFitFun! Weight-loss Again 10 years Later... Update #2... Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals & Recipes + Hauls & Fitness

 






Fitness: This is my third month of tracking my weight loss and I am still on track. I am not doing anything "special". The first time I lost 72 lbs everyone kept asking me what the "secret" was and it got really annoying especially when you are telling them up front what you did. 

This time, I am loosing weight its very much like the reasons for the first time. My eating habits are 100% the same that they have been for years now and the difference is I do yoga now as well as pilates and a small amount of lifting kettlebells. Over the last three months I have limited my work outs due to health reasons, but one thing that has changed (exercise wise) is that I now again, live in a house with a lot of stairs and I walk up and down the stairs about 5 times a day (on a good day 8 times).

I stopped relying on heavy cardio workouts over 6 years ago because I actually got freaked out at the gym (weird story) and I stopped going and just started working out in my condo which is way less stressful for me. You can tell the difference between someone who does straight yoga and yoga and cardio or both plus lifting in my opinion. I really wanted to give myself a chance to do only yoga and plates and see where it went and I did start gaining weight like immediately, but it was gradual and during that period of time I was again back on contraceptives. 

Now, for years I have done yoga and kettlebells and I loved the results, but I was still gaining about 1.5 pounds a year while on contraceptives which has been a problem in the past. So now, it is February and I am on my way to my goal weight which is the weight I always was pretty much my whole life. Outside of when I didn't know I couldn't have gluten and was on contraceptives I was always in between 119 to 125 pounds. 

What is nice is for the 2nd time again my husband and I are on a weight loss journey together at the same time (but he lifts weights) and mine was not planned it was pretty much forced on me in my opinion 

I hope whatever information I am giving is beneficial to anyone reading. Like I said, the first time I lost weight (2011 to 2012) I answered so many questions about how I lost weight. I did it by stopping contraceptives (because they are a problem for me) and walking, running, and doing pilates and eating healthy. I also counted calories and ate Lean Cuisines and Healthy choice meals which was pretty much when I could lose people because a lot of stigma is attached to calorie counting.

Counting calories taught me a lot about nutrition over the long run and also about portion control which I obviously haven't forgotten, but over the years I learned more when I started my Flexiterian diet and my husband was on the Keto diet (learning about carbs) for over 2 years and he also tried the Pescatarian diet prior to that. I long since came to the conclusion the Flexiterian diet was the best for me and we both should follow it and he actually agrees now in retrospect. 

Anyhow, so after all that I've been through since November 2020 I can say for sure that my normal diet is the main reason I have lost weight after stopping contraceptives and walking upend down the stairs daily took a lot of extra weight off. I will try to go into that more in March, but you guys see my recipes and food posts every month also. 

Working out for me is fun and not stressful. I started yoga I think 7 years ago and pilates over 19 years ago. I never really liked cardio based workouts, but they can be quick and efficient. If I had to recommend anything it would be yoga, light lifting (15 to 30 lbs starting out; thats how I started), and light cardio because its very balanced and easy on the body. We have a home gym and hopefully I will be getting a small treadmill soon to help with the cardio aspect of my workouts

But fitness starts first in the kitchen! And I will go into that more in March.




products C/O John Frieda




Items C/O Fab Fit Fun
Fabfitfun ambassador
use my code FASHIONTOLIVE for a discount at sign up!

This month I partnered with Fabfitfun to share their Spring box which contains 8 full sized premium items. I have never purchased from them before, although I have seen plenty of their ads on social media. So what is all the hype about? All, I plan on making a YouTube unboxing, but they actually preferred I used the products in the box for a while before reviewing it; so I did! So you get a lot in the box right?! When you sign up you get a box for each season with curated items that you choose. I missed out on a really cool cell phone sanitizer and LED indoor planter in the Spring box because I was still figuring out how this all works.

So, everything is of great quality first and foremost. I wear my house slippers every day, they come in a S/M and I wear a 7.5 to 8 in shoes so the fit is perfect for me. The slippers look very nice, they are easy to get on and they look machine washable.

The Aloe Infused Gel Lined Socks with Pumice Stone is so luxurious! The way the socks feel is so intense because I have never worn gel lined socks. This would make a really great gift for any woman. These terry socks are lined with aloe that infuses into your feet for maximum softness.

The Water Hyacinth Tray with Cutout Handles keep tables organized. It’s hand-woven and made from plant-based materials, making the item one of a kind. I have gone back and forth on where to place mine in may new home and how to style it.






C/O ETTIKA

GREAT AMERICAN TAKEOUT:



First Watch- South Tampa


Daily Eats Event


Metro Dinner



GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


Flatbread pizzas









Crimini mushroom chicken Alfredo



Steak C/O Butcher Box


Dungeness crab boil for hubs birthday



Authentic crab shalah for hubs birthday





Chicken fajita night served family style











No comments:

Post a Comment