Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Stay Dunedin Look Book: Anniversary Celebration 2021! Vintage Dress + Jimmy Choo



Happy hump day loves! This week hubs and I are celebrating our anniversary of being together which is a very important day for us because if it hadn't happened we may have never even been engaged and then married! We found ourselves somewhere I actually was not sure when I would visit again which is Dunedin at the Fenway Hotel. Not because I did not love the visit there in 2019, it is just that I was not sure when we would get to go back after the pandemic etc. 

There are a few restaurants that I have been following for years in the Dunedin downtown area for years (since our last visit) and I was just thinking about where I wanted to go and I was like we need to go back there. It's kind of weird because Dunedin is literally 30 minutes from me, but I don't really go out that way and the last time it felt like a much longer drive. 


So, we check in and there is a wedding going on and there is a lot of people everywhere. I decide to take a nap and low and behold I thought the dinner reservation was later then it was and we had to run out the hotel room which meant no time for makeup. 

So, I have been on an end of year cleaning streak and I finally found this dress I wore one time on my 26th birthday and I have been looking for it for months. I was sure I accidentally lost it in the move.

 Well, I had an anniversary dress planned (you know I always do) and I decided to wear this because hey, I may never be this size or this confident again- who knows! You just have to live life.



So yea, we booked it to the restaurant and I did not have time for makeup so I took a few shots really quickly before leaving (they aren't the best), but it is real. I don't mind being makeup-less- I actually don't wear makeup 90% of the time during the week. 

Anyway, I love this dress, it is everything! In retrospect, I was really glad the dress I had planned was not worn because I would have been hella over dressed!


They don't make dresses like this anymore. I am so glad I found it!



Dress: Vintage

Heels: Jimmy Choo Romy

Anklet: C/O Ettika



The Restorative 
Dunedin 


The Restorative is a fine dining restaurant located in the downtown district of Dunedin, FL. It appears that they are open three days a week for three hours a day. Reservations can be made by Tok or email (they do not have a phone). You do need to email them 24hrs in advance for dietary restrictions. The menu changes every few days so there is no online menu and anything seen in this post most likely will  not be available if you went in after seeing this post. The food however is 5 stars and definitely fine dining level.

If you are a true foodie this is a place I highly recommend.

MY DINNER WHICH IS GLUTEN FREE



Salmon tartar, Tamari (gluten free soy sauce, crushed rice crackers, seaweed.




Halibut, burnt leeks, cream
GLUTEN FREE




HUBS DINNER


Kale & Brussel sprouts salad, dried cranberries, raisons, almonds, with a mustard vinaigrette 


Braised short ribs, carrot, celery, red wine jus.
can be made gluten free







Blue cheese pana cotta, pears and honeycomb candy
GLUTEN FREE





No comments:

Post a Comment