Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Vintage Styled Dress Turned Skirt (Upcycle) +Chambray + Eggplant Lasagna Recipe For Date Night


Today I am sharing a dress that I upcyled and made a skirt out of it. I ordered this vintage dress over a year ago from Shein and when it arrived the top (bust) was more than an extra large on me and the waist was about a triple 0. They obviously denied this and made returning it a hassle  and so I had it in my office for a while thinking I would still use the material because that is what I originally liked. So, now that I have moved I can't find my sewing machine, but I did my best to make this dress work like a skirt for a cute outfit post. The zipper also broke upon my trying it on fort the first time because it was poorly made so that also needs to be fixed.




















Vintage Dress: Not recent, but from Shein

Bag: Louis Vuitton FÉLICIE POCHETTE

Chambray blouse: J. Crew, not reent

Heels: Just Fab, not reent

Belt: Zara

Gluten free, keto eggplant lasagna
1st recipe (I made this twice)
Recipe here. I made a few changes which will be listed below...the second time I made this I made more changes and I will share that in a separate  post.


Today's recipe is a gluten free and keto eggplant lasagna. I have never had eggplant in my life and the first time I had it was earlier this year at a restaurant and it was very very hard (also in an eggplant lasagna). I wanted to try making it myself to see if this veggie could be "redeemed". Luckily, I know a great home chef and this was just right! Follow along tonight on my Instagram for how I made this step by step.

I used to buy Udi's gluten free beed (frozen) lasagna, but I can tell you without a doubt I will be making this forever after.



My changes:

ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder....


1st layer evoo on glass pyrex

eggplant & fresh thick cut tomato slices, drizzle with more evoo & thyme

then mozzarella cheese balls (prefer the larger slices, but if this is all you can find it works well and I got mine from Sprouts)

1 layer ground beef and parmesan cheese that is shaved

then 1 layer Rao's marina sauce

another layer of parmesan cheese that is grated

fresh basil to top

cook 400 for 40 minutes






No comments:

Post a Comment