Sunday, June 7, 2020

Spring Look Vintage & New Look of The Day + Date Night In...Recipe: Chicken Mushroom Mashed Potatoes


Have you ever just wanted to wear a dozen shades of one color? I love purple so much and I decided to just go for it! And I did not plan this, but today would have been Prince's birthday!!


















Shirt: Vintage

Heels: Shoedazzle, not recent

Bag: Just Fab, not recent

Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne in Abalone Shell

Earrings: Kendra Scott Elle in Abalone Shell



OUR DATE NIGHT DINNER:


This is an old recipe that I have only made one time. It involves 4 different types of mushrooms. In this post I only used one type which is portobellos because I accidentally ordered 4 containers of mushrooms off Instacart.


Mushroom sauce:

4 boneless breasts halved with skin

2 tablespoons of evoo

black oeooer

1 small white onion thinly sliced

1 pound assorted mushrooms(I only used portobello this time). You can use shiitake, cremini, or white.

2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar

1 tablespoon all purpose flour (gluten free Red Mills is fine)

1 1/2 cups chicken stock

fresh parsley

1 tablespoon heavy cream

Add the mushrooms and onion and stir for one minute. Add the sherry vinegar and the flour and cook stirring continuously for one minute. Stir in the chicken stock and the parsley and let simmer stirring until thickened.

Lastly, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.





I roasted my chicken leg quarters the same way I always do. Its ideal to cook the chicken seperate and not in the sauce although, I have had it both ways. This way you get a more savory dish with the crispy chicken skin. 

Preheat oven to 390 and let the chicken cook for 40 minutes.

Add salt
pepper
1 tablespoon of butter
evoo


I use a really basic mashed potato recipe most times that doesn't even involve milk or cream just butter. This time I decided to use milk and cream and butter to make the mashed potatoes just as savory as the sauce I made for the chicken. I just boiled my potatoes and then peeled them and added the salt, pepper, garlic, garlic powder, a little chicken broth, butter, and heavy cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment