Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Its Date Night In! The Comfy Chronicles: Knit Dress + Vintage Heels + Home Cooked Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)



















The Slate Rose Meridian Dress: Red Dress Boutique

Necklace: C/O Ettika

Earrings:C/O Ettika

Heels: Vintage


OUR DATE NIGHT DINNER:



When I first went gluten free Indian food was one of the first cuisines my husband introduced me to. He ate Indian food all of the time with his friends and he knew it was a really safe and delicious option for me to try; by his recommendation, I would love the butter chicken. Butter chicken is in fact one of the most delicious things you will ever try and it can look so simple, but don't let it food you! Full recipe here. My chances below.

All of the ingredients above went into making our dinner. Ideally, heavy cream is used to make Butter Chicken, but I actually like the tartness that Greek Yogurt has and added protein so I add a little of both, the recipe calls for 1 cup heavy cream, I use 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup Greek yogurt. You can substitute the ginger root for ginger powder if you don't have fresh ginger also.


We have had a blender for a while now, but its just been a while since I made Butter Chicken so I haven’t made my recipe blended as recommended until now. Before I had the blender I would just combine everything in my Rachel Ray stock pot; you want to blend it to get that rich smooth consistency if you have one, but not blending it wont change the flavor. 

This dish can look intimidating, but after you blend it its very very easy.




Cook on medium low heat for thirty minutes then add the chicken cut into chunks and cook for 45 more minutes. Serve with basmati rice and sprinkle with a little parsley.


Happy hour


No comments:

Post a Comment