Monday, February 7, 2022

January City Life 2022 VLOG: Feelin' Fresh in the New Year: New Home Decor and Style| Hauls, Fitness, & Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals

                       

"See you and me, have a better time than most can dream of
Have it better than the best, so can we pull on through
Whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the best of what's around"

-Dave Matthews Band

"Best of Whats Around"

"And if you hold on tight to what you think is your thing
You may find you're missing all the rest
She ran up into the light, surprised
Her arms are open, her mind's eye is
Seeing things from a better side than most can dream of
On a clearer road I feel, oh, you could say she's safe
Whatever tears at her, whatever holds her down
And if nothing can be done
She'll make the best of what's around"

                         

                         

                        n


This month's project: Self care bathroom


This was so simple and easy! I uploaded the video of how I did it on Instagram.

You can find the lavendar and eucalyptus bunch on my Amazon list here.


The bunch shipped out quickly from California and arrived with the bottom of the plants wrapped in a damp tissue paper. All you do is unwrap it and cut off any dry ends.

Make your bunch and then tie with a rubber band and roll over it with a wine bottle (or any type of bottle) to release the scent.


Hang it over you shower head for a legit spa experience every time you shower the steam from the water will active the aroma!


HOME DECOR


I am still decorating my home and I wanted some fashion books. I wanted books I actually would read and care about so I chose two from Louis Vuitton. The Catwalk book is 100% stylish and up my alley.


This book is all about the history of LV trunks. Unfortunately, I did order this one in English, but I got French so I cant really read it. I did not want to go through the hassle of exchanging it.


HAULS/COLLABORATIONS/ AMBASSADORSHIPS


C/O ETTIKA


New finds from Apolis Global


This is a brand that is new to me. They specialize in errand bags that can also be carried as a purse if you like. They are ethically made by local woman in Bangladesh and the company is B corp Certified. They sport a real leather handle which makes them look more expensive then they actually are. I can't wait to put my two bags to use!


C/O Bootay Box
I am a new Bootay Box Ambassador now!!!


FITNESS:




DATE NIGHTS & BRUNCHES 


COUNTER CULTURE
PALMA CEIA




This bird was not happy with me being over there.





JULIAN
CURRENT HOTEL

DATE NIGHTS: The Great American Takeout


The Rose roll
Snow crab, avacado, tuna
Gluten free

THAI PRIME
WESTSHORE BUSINESS DISTRICT



What we ordered!!!


Scallop
not gluten free


Salmon roe
Gluten free


Pad Thai
Gluten free




GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.



This month I ate a lot of clean and low carb meals. I guess without thinking about it when I come off the holidays I always do this to get rid of holiday bloat and weight. We have chosen to stay in since mid December with exception n to picking up takeout so once again I am cooking five times a week. 

I did not feel like cooking at all so that is why you get a meal like this. It is food and you will get your daily nutrients and that is pretty much all my goal was. Lemon pepper baked skinless and boneless thighs (I do prefer them with the bone), simple veggies, and a little brown rice.






Turkey bacon, fried eggs, and my husband made these grits (they are not made right).







This was something I threw together from something I saw on Instagram. 

This is my adaptation of a traditional Japanese dish called Ochazuke


-Baked salmon
-toasted nori
-sticky rice
-green onions
and the broth is where I deviated I did a soup broth instead of the traditional tea broth








Pre-made gluten  free ravioli from Whole Foods with a bolognese sauce made by me. 



There is an instructional Tiktok on my page Fashiontolive



This is the uncooked ravioli

\


I would recommend buying this pasta again. It stays fresh in the fridge for about a month unopened or you can freeze it. The cheese inside is pretty mild and although the pasta is made with cauliflower flour to me it did have a little bit of an eggy taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment