Sunday, January 31, 2021

January 2021 City Life... A New Kind of Peace While in Madness, Weightloss & Health ...Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals + Hauls


Peace of mind is the new success...

This year, 2021, I still feel all those things, but I have a new kind of peace. I feel safe. So, as I took a two week break from blogging and posting I just realized there is nothing wrong with luxuriating and being calm. Living in my condo in past years I was always really stressed because there was always a lot of noise from neighbors, airplanes, city traffic and ambulances. I also just had a hard time sleeping because I did not feel safe because a lot of people would leave doors open that were supposed to be secure. Sometimes fire alarms would go off at 3 am all the time because people would try to smoke on their balconies or in the stairwells.


Since I moved I have a new kind of peace and it's not so much because I am in a home now and not a condo, its because I evolved and feel peace. When I lived in the country in the burbs there was a lot of noise, it was worse than any city noise I ever endured because they had no noise ordinances. So, my neighbor would have large parties every weekend in his back yard that lasted 10 hours...my other neighbor would mow his lawn incessantly in the mornings even if his grass did not need to be mowed (he would even mow some of my grass thinking it was a courtesy). All of us were densely packed and noise travels!



Traveling so much and living in the city made me used to "city noise". No place will ever be as quiet as my parents' home because they have their own land and so do all their neighbors who are also related to us. When I moved here (my new home), we had no appliances, no t.v. FIOS or internet the first night. I did not have my air purifying fan...all we had was silence the first 2 nights and its was so deafening and loud at the same time. Now, six months later, I still get the city noise that I love, I still hear airplanes flying over us (which honestly doesn't bother me at all unless its a military plane); but I am still in awe that it is so quiet here.


So, this January, Yue (my cat) and I, we luxuriate in bed. My bedroom is a peace like none other (except when it is raining) and this January we have everything to cry about because 2020 was a hot mess and 2021 is showing out already and we are still in a pandemic, but right there we feel peace. My first three bedrooms were not all that great, I feel like right now its perfect and that probably adds to the tranquility.

*I am not purposefully cutting hubs out of this its just that he hates lying around in bed and wakes up and that is fine, the cats and I we like to lay low and lazy; sometimes he joins us.



C/O ETTIKA

Below are the holiday pajamas I found (literally last minute) for hubs and I and they were on sale and some of the proceeds from the sales go to the Children's Hospital in L.A. The pj's come in Women, Men, Children styles and they are all made exactly the same; they do run large.


 Home for the Holidays pj set: JLUXLABEL

****A Portion of all Proceeds from the sale of our Family Pajamas will be donated to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles in efforts to make a child’s Christmas brighter!****






I found this great product on Amazon, you get 4 of these for 6.00. You use them open doors and press buttons without making contact and you can put it on your keychain.


FITNESS: So, last month I tried to explain what is going on with me as best as I could. As of January I am coming in at 131 pounds. My diet and excursive has not changed, but now that I am no longer on birth control my body is returning to the weight I always was which was 120 pounds. I am unsure if I will continue to loose weight, but its pretty much going the same way it went over ten years ago when I lost 72 pounds after ditching glutens and contraceptives and just eating clean and working out. The main difference is obviously I am about 10 years older. People used to always they to talk down about that weight loss journey for me in my life and say it was easy because I was "young". Well, I am loosing about 8 pounds a month right now and I am still resting as much as I can and working out moderately. I am hoping to get a small sized treadmill for our home gym soon so I can safely walk because at the moment I don't want to walk or run on my street just because no one really wears masks over here. I will try to get you guys some comparison photos in the February city life. 





I honestly have been so bloated and having just the worst reactions to this medicine for so long I started to just live with it which is terrible. I have lost track of a lot of nicer clothing items from when I was at my normal weight due to moves, closet cleanings, and despair lol. I have quite a few items I couldn't dare fit into 2 months ago and I have worn them on my blog in the last 6-10 years so we will see where I come in at when trying them on now. I can tell you I never thought I would fit into those shorts I wore on the BUCS blog post, I haven't been able to wear those in 8 years comfortably and now they fit just fine.

If I continue on this route, I should reach 120 pounds (give or take) by my birthday next month. I am used to wearing a lot of baggy clothes and maxi dresses since I have been quarantined; So, I will have to make an active effort to get some comps next month.



GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.



Meat C/O Butcher Box



turmeric rice


 


slow cooker turkey legs w creamy mashed potatoes rainbow chard



Breakfast for dinner





Mediterranean salad with roast chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment