Friday, April 12, 2019

Birthday Vacay Recap- Hotel Review and Recap JW Marriott New Orleans And Why I Wont Recommend Staying here









So, if any of you follow me on social media then you will know I had a horrible experience at the JW Marriott Hotel on Canal Street in New Orleans. I had issues before I even stepped foot on their property. For any of you thinking about vacationing in NOLA if you go during a celebration you will encounter issues; and from what I hear there is always a parade or celebration. The issue with this hotel is that its right in the center of it off Canal Street and every street gets barricaded which can be an issue if you are checking into the hotel. The hotel management doesn't inform you of that, and in my instance they just did not even care that I couldn't find a way to get to the hotel and I was one minute away from it on Canal Street, but it was barricaded.

Anyhow, so I had major issues with the manager as well as security in a separate incident where a guard got in my face over the use of my camera in the empty lobby (that post is here). So aside from the main issues that ruined my stay there were some other glaring issues with this place.

- Its newly renovated and areas of my room smelled like fresh paint.

- The walls are paper thin.

- The windows are paper thin. Being right outside from Canal Street you have bands, live music, parades, and all kinds of traffic at all times of the hour. We were on the 29th floor and you can literally hear all of this as if you were outside at ground level.

-Sadly, this hotel is supposed to be a "luxury hotel" and the staff seems to not know that. Service was extremely poor on several occasions. Security guarding the front door literally looks like they want to fight you if you even look at them the wrong way.

-The only plus have is that the room looks exactly like what is shown on their website and it was nice and spacious. 

I failed to check reviews before booking here because I always stay at Marriott hotels and that was a huge mistake. After getting back I read reviews on Trip Advisor and a lot of people had similar if not worse experiences than I did! I would say stay far away from this particular hotel.


















Overall, we weren't blown away by the city. I have been there before, and not only that we have Ybor City here in Tampa and that is basically like a smaller version of the French Quarter. It was fun to experience for a short while. For me the most fun is always the food. It wasn't incredibly gluten friendly there which was a little disappointing, but I didn't starve. There was only one restaurant that we had to leave with myself going unfed because they couldn't even pinpoint where the gluten was being introduced to the food that they claimed was gluten free.







Sheraton Hotel (bar/lounge)


























No comments:

Post a Comment