Saturday, May 2, 2020

The Romantic Walk Around The Block: Vintage Look of The Day & Date Night Dinner Reb Beans and Rice


One of the things I love about my vintage clothes is that my style has always been set. I love nice fabrics, bold colors and designs. I look for things that are unique that no one else would look at and think, I want that". And if I find any one piece of clothing that has even a little bit of purple I will most definitely buy it.


Todays vintage piece is this wonderful multicolored turban. I was immediately  drawn in by the rich bold muted colors, the fabric, design, and the small attention to detail in the neckline. When it come to my vintage items a lot of them are mine, meaning I shopped like this when I was 19. I would literally work overtime just to buy one or two really nice items. until I had a full closet full of nice items. Because of the cost I never planned on getting rid of any of it. Thankfully, my style has evolved over the years, but the basics remain the same. After my last move I lost track of a few shirts and pants, but for the most part I still have everything that is quite old.






I did a quick poll on my Instagram stories to see if you all were interested in seeing more of these items from my closet during quarantine and it was an overwhelming 88% yes! I was going to anyway, its just not practical to be wearing brand new clothes taking photos in your house or yard and then taking them off (I have never been that type of blogger). I do however, find it important and fun to take styling back to basics and remember how to re-style older items. Not everything posted has to be something new and it really will get your creative mind going.















I have been really super retaining water since this move and I am not sure what all factors are triggering it, but what I do know is now that I moved I feel more comfortable with going for a quick walk and back to the house. Before, I would have to take the elevator just to get outside and to be honest no one in that building was trying to social distance and I did get trapped on the elevator with someone who had just recovered from Covid-19 and he was not wearing a mask, he was not social distancing and he was completely lacksidasical about it. So, yea, I was not comfortable at all. Anyhow, tonight hubs and I took a romantic walk around the block to see the area that we live in now. Maybe I will find some nice spots to take photos at. And we will be back for dinner at home cooked by moi.

XOXO

Tunic: vintage Bebe 

purple heels: Shoedazzle

 Faux leather pants: Just fab 

Necklace: CO Ettika

Lipstick: C/O Avon Liquid matte lipstick


OUR DATE NIGHT DINNER


Tonights dinner was Reb beans and rice with Andouille sausage. This was my first time making it and it turned out great!

Red beans and rice recipe here
Cajun seasoning recipe here



No comments:

Post a Comment