Thursday, March 19, 2020

Bonnet Creek Birthday Vacation Recap 2020 + Hotel Review + Vacation Cancellations...



Hi loves! First off I want to say thanks for stopping by my blogspace and I hope you all are well and practicing safe social distancing. Hubby and I are doing the same and I have been inside completely for six days now. Quarantining  myself is not a huge deal as an introvert most times I may only leave the property where I live a couple of times a month. I have talked about my issues with seasonal depression and all that which does lead to me staying inside and sleeping a lot, but both my husband and I are introverts and homebodies so we like to be here. 

At the time of my birthday I actually had been in for about two weeks already. Due to the my birthday falling on a Thursday I was in a weird predicament because I had to wait to celebrate for my husband to get off work, but there is more. We paid for a birthday cruise at the start of the year and we were so excited to go which would have been this week. Unfortunately, it got cancelled by the cruise line for the obvious reasons having to do with Coronovirus outbreaks on multiple ships not associated with the cruise line we were supposed to be on. We hope to take that cruise at a later later date.

So, in retrospect, I am really glad that I asked my husband if we could go to Orlando for 1 day so I could have some fun because if we hadn't all my birthday plans would have been null and void. So, I feel anyone's pain that has to spend their birthday in quarantine if that is the case.


So, as I stated we started out with light bites on a rainy night in St. Pete and the next day we drove up to Orlando to stay at Bonnet Creek. Its been a few years 2 to be exact that we have stayed at this property which is my favorite. I love it here so much and yes, the whole time we were here I was actively cleaning things, washing my hands, staying away from people and crowds, but still trying to have a good time. 

Since I booked a room almost last minute we had to stay on the Hilton side and we usually stay on the Waldorf side (which is way less busy also). So, I get a chance to show you all how their suites look and give you a quick review.




So, this is the two room suite at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It in a nut shell is exactly like the two room suite on the Waldorf side, but half the price, and you have none of the "bells and whistles". So, an example of something you would get at the Waldorf side is a completely decked out master bath with a glass shower and garden tub and everything is black marble. Here, the bathroom was small, I guess...the standard size of a hotel bathroom- like its difficult for two people to be in there at the same time period. And the bathroom was in the livingroom area where you first enter the suite right by the front door which was strange.


I would say if you want to have a suite, but want to save money this side is better, but I prefer the other side, I like all the "bells and whistles". One thing to note, they literally locked us out of our room at check out. Like, our keys stopped working and our stuff was still in the room. I have never been through such a bizarre  experience. Luckily, a hotel manager was already on our floor right by the room and he got the door unlocked with no problems.


Overall, I always find Hilton hotels to be really quiet, I slept well, all day infact and my husband had the opportunity to navigate between both rooms which works for us.


Tropez Downtown St. Pete
Last year we went on a foodie vacation to Celebration (those blog posts are titled #nopassportneeded) and we ate at a bunch of new and exciting places. Well, we couldn't get Capa or Morimoto Asia out of our minds so we came back for more!
Capa Steakhouse- Four Seasons Orlando Bonnet Creek





Disney Springs
















Morimoto Asia Disney Springs





Oak & Ola




No comments:

Post a Comment