Monday, February 3, 2020

Out To Sea & Headed Home: Colorful Romper + Heels



So, we are coming to the end of my vacation posts and what is funny... I never even showed you all how the vacation started. Life can be so crazy sometimes and we become so busy. I had planned on sharing the first part of my vacation after this point because it was really important to share my out of country experience that I took over a year to bring to fruition.

 I am so busy these days and so I have to wait to post the rest of the photos, I was literally gone almost two weeks, but as soon as I came home life just hit me right back in the face. This was my last night on the cruise ship and I was like "OMG can we just do this one more time and hit the islands I have had on my dream list". My hubs was looking at me like we aren't leaving again for another 2 weeks for your birthday (insert side eye). I don't talk a lot about hubs, but he travels a lot for work and that includes international  travel. So, we both view travel differently at this point. It seems like work to him even when its not because he travels so much. It seems like an adventure to me because I am the one that is always holding things down at home. Leaving for this long isn't my thing either, but when I say we needed it, we needed it. 

 I am not leaving for this amount of time ever again because I have no one to count on to make sure my cats are taken care of. They don't love them like I love them. 


So, when you have been on vacation for just the right amount of time you get this vacay vibe just like this. This last dinner was bomb and we almost skipped it! I won't try to say too much because  I always do a recap, but Adventure of the Seas had more to offer to us then the other cruises we went on. 

Honestly, at cruise #13 we were still looking for more. So, as much as my husband hates the word millennial , we are millennials and we constantly find ourselves in situations were there are no young people at events or vacations that I guess are considered higher end or lux. We usually are the youngest people around and get stairs, questions , all kinds of weirdness  about being an interracial couple.

 Every RCL cruise is the same as far as events and planning goes and we need more; we crave more. This last dinner we got more and we almost skipped it. So, just indulge in it. I have a zillion more photos to post, but remember, where it started was magical and I will make sure to tell you all when those posts are published.


We started here...and it was the most amazing and romantic short start to a vacation.



Do any of you celebrate the date in which you and your spouse or fiancé  met or started dating? 

For us, it was a pivotal  moment because honestly, my husband had a whole other ex girlfriend trying to win him back and he had been getting to know me for the last 2 to 3 months before she even came into the picture again. It was another ex that got with her and they all of a sudden saw how good of a guy he was once he was with me which is why she even came back into the picture. I am not getting into that too much, but its just essential to how we became a couple.

- And before this gets blown out of proportion, we were in high school. Dating = walking to class, bookstore, and talking on the phone at night. We were 15 and 16 years old.

 I was pretty much like if its fate you will ask me to be your girlfriend (in my mind, yes, I was that dreamy 16 year old that really believed in fate and true love; I still do). So, I basically did not offer my opinion much on the exes, if he was going to choose me then I wanted it to be on his own and he did. We have been together every since and its been 19 years. So, that very important date of December 7th we celebrate because things could have been different, but he knew what was up.



So, cruise food has gotten better, but it will legit mess you up and I am talking about bloating, high blood pressure all of that especially for as long as we were gone. I was so bloated in these photos, but fed, rested, and happy. I am not sure why it is that cruise food seems to mess everyone up... I have done behind the scenes tours in the kitchen and even gone mostly vegetarian on most of the cruises and something about it always messes everyone up.












Infinite Fun Romper In Rainbow Feels Red Dress Boutique

Swimwear cover up: Shein siilar in stock here

Heels: Not recent, Just Fab

Spiritual high charm necklace: Ettika

Coral shell earrings: C/O Ettika

Necklace: Kendra Scott Aiden in gun metal


So, this is one of 4 paid restaurants on the ship, Izumi. We have done #13 cruises on multiple cruise lines (all of our recent ones were RCL) and this is the first ship to have a legit sushi restaurant and not just a walk up bar. We almost skipped Izumi because usually cruise sushi isn't all that great and frankly, we were getting tired of eating!

 This dinner was 100% worth the money $30.00 USD and our waiter was really sweet. He really wanted me to try the baked snow crab sushi that was gluten free because most restaurants do not have gluten free rolls (rice vinegar is made from wheat and usually not distilled FYI) and he just brought it out to us for free. I swear, it seems like they keep a file on repeat cruisers because they all collectively seemed to know I was a picky eater with dietary  restrictions and that I eat very little.



Hands down the best fried rice I have had in 2019 including Hakkasan Miami and Morimoto Asia. Fried rice is my favorite and I grew up on it; it was one of the only things I would eat when I was sick as a child which unfortunately was frequent. Its rarely made correctly to be honest and this was amazing . I ate this whole bowl on my own with chopsticks, OMG I am a pro now! My husband always laughs at me because I hold chopsticks totally wrong, I can't seem to get it the way he says is correct, but I don't struggle much. I ate a whole bowl of rice with just chopsticks so yes, I am a boss now.













No comments:

Post a Comment