Saturday, January 18, 2020

Welcome to Desert Island Bonaire: 1,000 Steps Beach: Off Shoulder Print Crop Top & Shorts Set



Hi loves! The time we spent in Bonaire was very magical. Its also a sub desert country, but it has the largest coral reef in the Caribbean . Somehow, none of this was highlighted by our guide. We were dropped off at the 1,000 steps beach not being told anything about the beach, about the steps, or about anything. We basically said "Well, there is a crowd over there so lets go look". Little did we know we would see one of the most beautiful bleached coral beaches. Out of that entire crowd no one went down the steps and the view was just to die for; It made my day. 

Have you ever worn heels on coral? Ha, I didn't either until I needed the photos. I usually wear walking shoes when I travel and carry my heels for when I need some photos. Walking and posing on this coral was super hard, actually no easier than going barefoot on the lava rock coral at Eagle Beach. 





1,000 Steps beach is notably the most beautiful beach in Bonaire and its mostly well known for diving. From what I was told its illegal  to remove the bleached coral from the island. There was so much of it and I did not know since we were the only ones that even went down there so I had 5 small pieces. Ocean energy is strong and coral has strong metaphysical properties. We can remove bleached coral from beaches in Florida so I did not know until later in my trip. I have literally never seen so much coral.


These caves were carved out by the waves of the ocean. It was so beautiful here in the countryside and I loved it. I have more photos in the recap. We did spend more time in the countryside than on the North side which is developed and has hotels and different things. 1,000 Steps beach is actually only 66 steps I think and its referred to 1,000 steps because it feels like that when you walk back up especially with diving gear. My husband and I were winded running back up the steps and no one could believe we went all the way down...but how could you not? Looking at it from the very top how could you not want to sea more?



















SHEIN Off Shoulder Print Crop Top & Shorts Set
About the fit: Shein sometimes has 100% cotton outfits which is great for our skin and for the environment . The fit on this set is smaller than the measurements. Given, I was extremely  bloated due to the food I was eating on the trip and retaining a ton of water, most 2 piece sets don't show this much belly. I would say order a size up, the fabric doesn't have any stretch whatsoever.

Heels: Not reent

Chocker Necklace, Ring, Bracelet: Ettika: Not recent


So, I have shown a lot of meals from the restaurants  on the ship and not much on the Windjammer deck which is the (free) open buffet. The reason is because they don't have a lot of gluten free options and there is a high chance of cross contamination due to high traffic and children handling the food. I actually did not have lunch at all the first two days. Royal Caribbean is pretty much constant  with being hard to get lunch especially if you are doing excursions like we were. The main dining room serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but the time windows are short. I had the head server in my section for dinner and he found out that I wasn't eating and he wasn't having it. He had all my meals made for lunch for the remainder of my trip which I was so grateful  for.

The lunch photos are never really pretty because they are a hodge-podge of food on a plate, but I wanted to show some because of the effort Savio took, but also because this is what you can expect on a cruise. He literally had the chef's bring me more food than I could eat the day after he found out I did not have lunch or breakfast twice. My husband is no longer keto, but he is on a high protein  diet so it was all appreciated.

Always, I am just glad to have some food that is gluten free because the last thing I want is to get sick on the first day of vacation. I am posting the photos backwards, but we started out in Ft. Lauderdale and I got sick from the food on night one. I love love love tuna melts! My mom thinks they are disgusting and had never even heard of them prior to me telling her I liked them. Turns out my dad likes them too. When Savio brought out these tuna melt open faced sandwiches everyone was like "How did she get that?" "Why don't I have that? What is she eating?" And they literally kept coming up to our table asking what I was eating. I was like tuna fish on gluten free bread with a big smile. I miss tuna melts so much because I can't get any sandwich  made in Tampa that is gluten free unless I make it and no, I do not trust Subway to make me a non cross contaqminated sandwich .

Its just tuna on bread with cheese, but I was feeling quite special bc I love tuna melts and he made sure I got that.

Gluten free fajita set up

My husband hodge-podge plate

Gluten free tuna melts

No comments:

Post a Comment