Friday, November 8, 2019

Ladies Who Lunch: Solo Girls Day: Roux Tampa, Crystals Store, Shopping Slip Dress + Silk Blythe Blouse


Happy Friday loves! Ladies that lunch also known as Solo Girls day is a new initiative that I started in August in an effort to promote "self love and care". Its no secret that I have put a lot of peoples needs before my own to my own detriment in the past. Last year around this time I was having a watershed moment which led me to realize I am trying to make entirely too many people happy and not even taking care of myseelf. For Christmas I bought myself a pair of red shoes to make sure I never forgot and  to not do that to myself  again. So, I obviously cant buy a pair of new Jimmy Choo heels every time I need to have a self care day so other than my yoga practice, meditation, and adult coloring book what is left?




Well, this idea formed in a very organic way, one day I realized I hadn't left the condo in over a week and I had been cooking and cleaning and just needed some time to myself. My husband had a business dinner and I practically begged him to come pick me up and I would do my own thing. He was like so you are like going to eat dinner alone? And I was like why not? (the old me would think its weird too). Anyhow, imagine what fun I had! I got to relax and day dream and shop and eat things that I never tried before; and afterwards I felt so good. The concept is not to meet for a "girls day" but  to do it solo.











Slip dress: not recent, Zara

Blouse: J. Crew Vintage Blythe similar here

Head scarf: Zara

cute heels: Not recent, similar here

Arm cuff: Kendra Scott

Anklet: C/O Ettika

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Eyeglasses: C/O Eyeglassworld

Bumbag: Louis Vuitton

Lipstick: C/O Avon liquid matte lipstick lip tattoo

The Body Tree Metaphysical crystals and stones store



Roux Tampa
Roux is a creole restaurant almost located in Interbay (South Tampa). It is a place that I have always wanted to try out, but my husband always said he didn't want to go there.

I had a great time dining at this restaurant for lunch. The restaurant doesn't have a gluten free menu or denotations which is why I never came here, but I did get a chance to meet with some of the staff and managers earlier in the year at an event and they encouraged me to come in because they could accommodate gluten free requests. The waitress that day was happy to communicate with the chef about the gluten allergy and make sure the food was prepared gluten free. Although they can not completely guarantee that the food was free of cross contamination, everything I tested for gluten was free of gluten up to 20 parts per million.

I had the red beans and rice which was great and the serving was huge; I did not care for the Hurricane though it was just too sweet. All of their food looks so delicious and I love Creole food, I wish so badly that I didn't have Celiacs because I would probably order everything!



Nola style oysters
gluten free







Red beans and rice







No comments:

Post a Comment