Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Beer & Dinner Pairing... Featuring BON & VIV Spiked Seltzer and Other Anheuser-Busch Products at American Social + Details on How to Re-Style an OOTD




Hi loves! Tonight we had a chance to meet and dine with some representatives of Anheueser-Busch in an effort to partner and promote new brands. this is a huge opportunity that I am very excited about!  The main focus is that they have something for everyone now, if you don't drink beer they now have wine. If you don't drink at all they have energy drinks. If you are gluten free like I am they have BON & VIV sparkling water that has a 5% abv and is made of malt rice; which is a great substitute for barley, but it is gluten free. 

So, what was cool is that we had a five course dinner pairing (with beer which I did not drink obviously) and the Executive Chef at American Social worked with the AB crew to make sure there were gluten free/ vegetarian options that also paired with the selected drinks. So, if you guys mosey on down you will see what we had in our five course dinner pairing as well as details on my look of the night.

The weather has been cold to warm/cold here the last week and I wanted a laid back look that was fashionable and casual. I always always re-style pieces from earlier in the year or from years ago to show the versatility of styling. I will list outfit details below (old and new). I got lucky when looking for a place to take some outfit photos and it turns out this plant matched my look making for fetch surprise.

When looking to re-style items from my closet I first look at the color palettes that are most popular for the season. This is the third time I have worn this kimono, but the first time in the Fall. Did you know mint or sage can be a great transitional color for any season? Tonight's look plays up dark moody colors that mimic overcast Fall days. When looking to re-style an item focus on the main item and then build out from there once you have your colors in mind. I like to add new accessories or one new clothing item just in case none of the older items are for sale anymore.












Tank crop top: Zara

Kimono: Shein

Trousers: here

Heels: not recent

Necklace: (pearl with coins) C/O Ettika

Necklace: (SLATE Blair Pendant in Black) Rocksbox

Eyeglasses: C/O Eyeglassworld

Lipstick: Colour Pop 3 Way

BON & VIV gluten free spiked sparkling water


Course ONE
Gluten free
Shrimp & Bay scallop Ceviche with red pepper, red onion, mango, cilantro, and citrus.
Paired with YezaSur Mangolandia (Mango blonde ale)




Course TWO
Roasted corn fritters with green goddess (not GF)
Paired with Bon & Viv spiked sparkling water

My gluten free option
Vegetbale chilli with guacamole


Course THREE
Smoked bacon & BBQ farro
(not GF)
Paired with Michelob Ultra Pure Gold


My gluten free option
Cauliflower and root vegetable tacos with crispy fried chickpeas


Course FOUR
Braised short rib with potatoe roeste and braised carrots & broccolini
(not GF)
Paired with Bud Light Platinum

My option
Vegetarian and gluten free
Black bean taco


Final Course FIVE

Flourless chocolate cake
(something on this dish was not GF so I wasn't served it, but I am not sure what it was).
Paired with Stella Artois Midnight Lager

My gluten free option
Mango and raspberry sorbet



No comments:

Post a Comment