Wednesday, May 15, 2019

May 2019 City Life VLOG - Yoga and Weightloss. Date Nights in St. Pete + Hauls and Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals



Spring has been so fun thus far I can't believe we have about one more month left before its officially the Summer. Spring is one of my favorite seasons because the weather is so great so we got out a lot and I decided to go ahead and split this months City Life because we are already at a halfway point and I have so much planned for May. This month I was lucky enough to be chosen to cover Riverfest and we had a blast. Many more opportunities have come up for events this month and next month and I plan to just go as hard as possible.

I will be back on the 31st with part 2. of this months VLOG

Riverfest 2019 Curtis Hixon Park




Bath & Body Works- They had a lot of great items for Spring. The Casablanca Lilly  and the I love You candle have a similar smell, and they both smell great.

This months Rocksbox


FITNESS:

Well, I kept telling you guys I needed to loose five lbs and after getting glutened in March/April I got so sick I did infect loose 12 lbs. My clothes fit a lot better and I can tell the difference especially in a lot of the photos I took prior to getting sick. I purchased this outfit in February and was waiting to review it and I guess I am glad I did because now it fits perfectly. The last couple of weeks have been hard for me because I was sick and needed bed rest so when I was finally better I jumped back in the game with a yoga challenge. I am currently doing the challenge on my Instagram page- it's ten days so here are the photos from the first few days so far.


#AloEmbraceYourFlaws Challenge. Feel free to join me if you want to try yoga or do yoga! We are on day 8, I am catching up with my posts to Instagram.
..
Day 1: I am unique (Tree Pose) 
Day 2: I am strong (Warrior Pose) 
Day 3: I am worth it (Tiger pose) 
Day 4: I believe in myself (Inversion) 
Day 5: I bend so I don't break (Pigeon pose) 
Day 6: I am important (Eagle Pose) 
Day 7: I am fierce (Lion Pose) 
Day 8: I am beautiful (Goddess Pose) 
Day 9: I am imperfect (Camel Pose) 
Day 10: I am me (Yogi's choice) 







DATE NIGHTS:

Hubs and I have spent an increasing amount of time in St. Pete this Spring. For a long time it was very hard to convince him to take me over the bridge for dates because he used to work out there and he  never wanted to go. But I guess enough time has passed where being down there doesn't remind him of his old job so I get to play around and try out new restaurants and lounges. Spring is in full effect and we had a great time trying out a lot of inexpensive places such as Trophy Fish and decadent places like Sushi Sho Rexly. Personally, I eat a lot of seafood, mainly oysters and fish and I love fresh fish. In Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater and other surrounding areas most of the restaurants get fresh fish locally daily. Below are photos that didn't make it on the original date night blog posts starting with Trophy Fish which had amazing grilled fresh fish.

Trophy Fish






Farmtable Kitchen St. Pete

Cinco De Mayo- Bartaco Hyde Park Village


                            

LUNA LOUNGE





                          

                            


BULLA GASTROBAR






                         











GLUTEN FREE ITEMS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST



This is a meal that I threw together when both my husband and I had colds this month. On the left is butter and garlic shrimp with chorizo and jalapeños over cauliflower rice.

The basic shrimp soup I made for the first night we were sick I kicked up several notches for him once we both could taste food again. I added cheese, a little leftover rope vieja, chorizo, jalapeños. He liked the soup a lot better than the first day, but my main goal the first day was making a version of chicken noodle soup, but with shrimp since we were sick. Chicken noodle soup is pretty basic in itself.





Pork and Beef Meatballs


Rainbow carrot


This is the keto version with the rainbow carrot

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl by hand.
  • Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Form the meat into golf ball sized balls. Place on the prepared sheet.
  • Cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve as desired.
1/2 pound ground beef

1/2 pound ground pork

curly parsley

salt

pepper

1 cup parmesan cheese

1 cup gluten free bread crumbs

2 eggs





No comments:

Post a Comment