Thursday, May 9, 2019

Five Star Omakase Dining Experience at Sushi Sho Rexley: Criss Cross Open Back Stripe Dress + Silver Statement Necklace


Tonight I am going to be sharing the photos with you that I took on my date night at Sushi Sho Rexley. This hands down is one of three five star dining experiences that I Have had this year and its only the start of May. I was looking for something different and something not in the South Tampa scene for us to do for our weekly date night. I found myself looking for sushi joints and came across Sushi Sho Rexley which offers an Nigiri Omakase dining experience. Omakase meaning, there is a pre-set menu and it is served in rounds and each round is three to four pieces of fish. Each course or round is prepared in front of you by the Chef and served to you. It is an intimate dining experience with seating for only ten. 


Tonights outfit was one inspired by Spring. If you are interested in this cute dress be aware the sizing is terribly off. I went up a size and it still fits poorly on the chest area. I believe I have this dress in a small and a medium and both fit exactly the same, like an extra small.













Pearl Beaded Balloon Sleeve Cardigan: Shein

Criss Cross Open Back Stripe Dress: SHEIN

Earrings: Rocksbox

Heels: Shoedazzle, not recent

Bunny ears: J.Crew, not recent

*First a daily appetizer, followed by five rounds of nigiri sets. This will be a total of 1 daily appetizer, 15 nigiri, and 1 hand roll. Each set is categorized by the type or character of fish. •1st round: White fish •2nd round: Red fish • 3rd round: Flavorful fish • 4th round: Creamy and exotic • 5th and final round will be shell fish coupled with unagi

price 90.00$ per person


I am so happy that they were able to accommodate my gluten allergy. They recommended the $90.00 Omakase experience rather than the $150.00 one because the modifications that would have to be made to it would not make the food appealing. So, this was my husbands starter (not included in the five courses) and below is mine. As you can see they are different because his contains gluten and mine doesn't. Each person eating has to pay for either the 90.00 Omakase or the $150.00 so there is no option to share. Honestly, after the third course I was already full and we had about three more to go!



Each piece of sashimi is made so beautifully and delicately right in front of you. Its truly a crazy experience getting sashimi handed to you and its literally still warm from the Chef's hands. As I said, there were about ten to fourteen courses so I have a bunch of photos here. I decided to just post them all at once so you all can get an idea of what to expect if you choose to eat here.

My husband has been to Japan and that is what motivated me to bring him here so he could eat like he did while he was there and have real authentic Japanese prepared food. Both Chefs are from Japan and it is a family owned business. Hands down, I blew my husbands socks off with this date night so much so, we got into a car accident right after we left because he was raving about the food instead of keeping his eyes on the road!














Below, the scallops were not a part of the Omakase 5 round meal. They do have a small separate menu of items you can order a la carte.





1 comment:

  1. The food looks really nice and you look amazing
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/05/32-ruffle-skater-mini-summer-dresses.html

    ReplyDelete