Saturday, May 25, 2019

Brands & Bubbly Event At the Sirata Hotel St. Pete + Dinner: High Waisted Linen Shorts + Linen Shirt + Fidora


Tonight I had an event to attend at the Sirata Beach Resort on St. Pete Beach. The weather was so beautiful and the sunset was perfect! The event was called Brands & Bubbly which wasn't a blogger event, but I was invited as "media" to cover it. We had a cute little set up on the beach and close to the pool and bar where you could get massages, hair accessories, and nails. 









Linen Top: Just Fab

Linene High Waisted Shorts: Just Fab

Heels: Just Fab

Lipstick: MAC VIVA GLAM Arinna Grande II




One of the local venders Soho Style Tampa that was a the event was selling these cute hair clips and headbands. 







This dinner had nothing to do with the blogger event by the way. I had always wanted to try out the Compass Grille. On paper their menu looks great and its located in the Sirata Hotel. Little did I know this restaurant is like the forgotten part of the hotel and most of their orders are from hotel customers ordering poolside or room service. If they actually saw how dark and dank it looks inside they would probably run the other way. I am not sure why my husband didn't deter us from eating here honestly, he was waiting for me at the restaurant and saw how it looked before me. So we were basically in an empty restaurant, it was pretty dark, uninviting etc.

My food was a huge disappointment. I advised the waiter of the gluten allergy. The conch chowder was gluten free. It did not taste like it had been cooked that day. It was gritty and the bits of seafood that were in it were a bit rubbery. Overall, it was way too salty to even eat. My scallops he swore were gluten free- I asked him to make sure everything on the plate was gluten free and he shook his head at me and was like polenta and scallops are gluten free. Anyway, I tried to explain to him that there could be cross contamination where it is grown or processed and yep he ignored me. It tested positive for gluten. I did not order anymore food. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. The Don Cesar has an excellent hotel restaurant as well and Hotel Zamora which don't even compare to this place.


Its still Celiac awareness month and this is the perfect example of servers not taking requests seriously.The funny thing is they always have this look on their face when they see the gluten tester because they know they didn't even try and then they are like oh crap she really is serious about being allergic to gluten. Luckily for me, I was able to test the food and didn't eat any of it. We got out of there spending 75.00$ for what at least my husband called a decent steak. Frankly, its been days and I am still mad one of us just didn't say this restaurant looks a hot mess lets go back to Soho or St. Pete.






No comments:

Post a Comment