Monday, April 15, 2019

Food & Luxury Wine Pairing Event At Sacred Pepper: Boucle Jacket & Skirt + 2011 Blythe Blouse


Tonight we ventured out for a pre-fix dinner and luxury wine pairing event in Carrollwood by Executive Chef James Maita. It did not quite meet our expectations unfortunately... I can't even really say we had fun. It was something that we have done before in South Tampa and it was fun (younger crowd), but this one was very much the opposite. Essentially, we were the only young people there and there was a lot of pretentiousness going on and elitism. 

The wine pairings were great and thus it wrapped up our short love affair with this restaurant. For a prefix wine pairing event ($84.00 a person) they did not handle my gluten allergy accordingly. I actually was just being brought food with no one even checking to see if it was gluten free and when I asked them to, I was accused of not telling them I had Celiacs Disease days before the event. I did, when I told them, I did they looked at their notes and just said "oh its written down right here, ok". Perfect way to loose my. business (I am just saying). 

Overall, most of the prefix menu was very gluten friendly, but not keto friendly for hubs. Some dishes they just changed completely and gave me something else when I already knew they had GF pasta on deck so it could have been accommodated. So, if I am paying for lobster Mac and cheese that is what I want, not quinoa. Those two aren't exactly a fair exchange in my opinion. We also were not told you could pay a different price if you did not drink wine which my husband does not, so a lot of his wine went to waste if I couldn't drink it all.


I was waiting for a chance to wear this cute set that I purchased during Black Friday, the skirt is incredibly short so I had to be careful, but luckily it was a pretty dark setting and no one was paying attention to the length of the skirt. I absolutely love their blue hallway so take it all in for the last time!








boucle jacket aan skirt: shoedazzle

2011 Blythe gray: J.Crew

Heels: Just Fab, not recent


Sacred Pepper

Nueske Bourbon Bacon with sweet corn cheese grits

paired with Shiraz

Gluten free San Francisco  Cioppino: Clams, mussels, shrimp in a tomato broth

paired with Chardonnay

Gluten free Australian lamb chops with blackberry chutney, balsamic glaze, and lentil bean cassoulet

paired with Pinot Noir


Gluten Free- Roasted pepper beef tenderloin

Paired with Cabernet


Gluten free creme brûlée with Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment