Thursday, March 14, 2019

Whiskey Cake Kitchen South Tampa Grand Opening + Cute OOTD


We got to go to the grand opening of Whiskey Cake Kitchen at International Plaza and Bay Street this week and had a phenomenal time! This American restaurant features over 300 types of whiskey as well as wine and cocktails. I wasn't sure what to expect from looking at the menu, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got there because there is more on the menu than what is shown online. This restuarant goes above and beyond to cater to those with a gluten allergy or Celiac Disease. I have been really doing great with finding new local restaurants this Winter that care a lot about allergies and dietary preferences such as vegan, vegetarian, or even Keto diets. So, get ready for some great shots below and if you are in the area check it out.








All of the herbs are grown right outside the restaurant as you can see and are attended to by the employees.







Top: Shoezazzle

Palazzo Pants: Zara, not recent

Heels: Jimmy Choo Abel, similar Romy

Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne

Earrings: Kendra Scott

Lipstick: MAC Sushi Kiss



The first cocktail I tried was the Guava Gimlette. This drink is so Tampa, if you aren't a Tampa native I will explain why. Tampa is often referred to as "the big Guava."

I personally have never really liked guava, but I am a vodka girl and these days more and more vodkas are being made with wheat so I stick to Tito's or Kettle One if Tito's is not available. So, a lot of their drinks have Gin, Whiskey, Rum, Tequila etc. which I don't drink a lot of (other than rum and tequila) and this was the recommended drink if you like vodka. This drink was really great and refreshing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.




Their house made potato chips were amazing! It was a mix of salty and sweet almost like bbq poato chips, but not really. Not only are these chips complementary, they are fried in a dedicated gluten free fryer. Say it again! These chips are free and gluten free! I ate two baskets of these and I am in trouble, because potato chips are my weakness!!!!





Their meat and cheese board was pretty delicious. The meats especially (the ham) stood out and the pimento cheese paste. I enjoyed mixing all of the flavors. A lot of places offer charcuterie boards, but rarely are they impressive like this one was. The first hint that your board is above board is if it has fresh honeycomb on it. This board usually comes with bread and guess what? All fo their breads are made in house and that includes gluten free bread!!

HUMMUS
DEVILED EGGS

These are not listed as gluten free on the menu because the spices and ingredients placed on the top change. If you ask them to check the ingredients they can tell you if it is safe to eat which these were.







No comments:

Post a Comment