Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Vacation Amelia Island Ritz Carlton Camera Roll + Hotel Review



Hi loves! Today I am sharing some of the photos from our trip to Amelia Island that did not make it into any of my fashion posts. I usually do a quick recap and camera roll when I go on vacation. Ameila Island is truly a unique place that has such a landscape that will have you feeling like you left the United States. From the dunes, to the golden color sand, to the amazing night sky. Even when I am cruising there is so much ambient light from the ship that I have never seen the entire Milky Way and constilations as I did while staying at Fernandina Beach. 



We stayed at the Ritz Carlton and this was our first time staying at any Ritz Carlton. I must say for the amount of money it costs I still prefer the hotels I frequent. The room was nice, ok, but not really worth the price tag that came along with it. What I can say is that we were right on the beach, we could see the shore from our balcony, and in essence that is what you are really paying for. I thought the staff was great, they went pretty above and beyond in the few instances that I needed anything.




The Ritz Carlton actually has some of the most popular restaurants in this area so there was one restaurant that we did not get a chance too dine at. I must say, I found it to be odd that their hotel restaurants close around 9pm; that was a huge issue for us on our first night because we were told ten pm. I will admit the hotel itself seemed to cater to a much older crowd of adults so I wasn't shocked that things were closing down early.

The restaurant we dined at promdominately was Coast which had an eclectic mix of Southern seafood dishes.I don't recall being disappointed in any dish that was served to use the entire vacation. They really went above and beyond for us sending out free oysters and even preparing me a surprise gluten free desert on our last night.









All in all this was a super relaxing trip and a great place to unplug and get some rest. It was a bit slow paced for us, but overall a great experience. And guess what my insomnia went away!
















Sunset

Coast- Ritz Carlton

Extta dark night on the board walk


The first day I was looking pretty sick from the food poisoning I got before I left home that morning. I hit up Snapchat to at least get two photos on the first day that didn't look horrendous.





The Pub at the Ritz Carlton

Loaded Potato Soup- Nima tested gluten free

This was their take on a bunless burger for hubs...


Since I had food poisoning from earlier in the week I ate a lot of soups while I was on vacation.

                      



Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment