Thursday, September 27, 2018

Test Kitchen Tuesday at the Mandarin Hide: Dress with Pockets + Altuzara Booties


I have found myself increasingly more busy since the start of Summer and have been grateful for that. Tonight, I was invited to an event at the Mandarine Hide is St. Pete to experience their "Test Kitchen Tuesday" event. Every Tuesday, their bartenders have a chance to get creative and come up with new drinks for their menu and you can test them at six dollars a pop. I don't know about many of you, but you can't beat a six dollar drink that isn't a well drink. 


This bar is classy and pretty upscale in my opinion. I have been right here on Central Ave a bunch of times because this is literally a "central'" area for the "hip" crowd and I have never been in there. I am positive I looked in there, but kept walking and from the street you can't really tell what is really going on inside. When you enter this very moderate space it is like- to me- very much like a place you would find in Manhattan with the nicest furniture and decor. It was great getting exposed to something new and something not in Tampa. Everyday of the week the bar offers something new to look forward to such as wine and wiskey Wednesdays and jazz nights.


On this night, they were offering about five new drinks and I don't really drink whiskey, gin, or Mezcal. BUT, I had my first drink which I loved which was Ambrosia and it was made with Beluga Noble vodka and it was totally me taste wise; for my second drink, I gave the drink with the Mezcal a chance and it was enjoyable. My husband who isn't a cocktail drinker was happy to drink the Beluga Noble vodka on the rocks as well as another whiskey. There was something for both of us to enjoy and a lot of times one or both of us have a little trouble meeting our drink preferences at other places. I feel that is really the different when you go to places like this where the staff is hand crafting cocktails to meet not only ones personality, but their preference. Cheers!






Dress with pockets: Zara
Boots: Altuzarra for Target not recent, similar here
Necklace: not recent (the company is actually not even in business anymore, but its Jewelmint and you may be able to find it on Ebay.














No comments:

Post a Comment