Thursday, October 19, 2017

Food Truck Rally: KFC Limited OOTD: Vintage T-shirt + Paperbag Waist Full Skirt + Socks and Heels

                    

It's getting to be that time of year where the sun goes down unusually early, it's humid, and there is  a tone of moisture in the air. Tonight was my explorative outfit with the KFC Capsule Collection. I was pretty mad that the sun set at 6:40-ish while I was waiting for my husband to arrive to pick me up. The last two months I at least had until 7:45 and if you're wondering, at the peak of summer I had until almost 9pm for good light.

I was pretty excited to wear this outfit because one, I love capsule collections, but two, who knew KFC had such a cult following? They put out this collection in July and a lot of their items sold out almost immediately including a $25,000 meteorite shaped like a chicken sandwich! Things like this vintage t-shirt could be worth a lot of money in 10 to 15 years so I wanted in! Now, my style is pretty consistent: I love the vintage look and extra fem look. I know for some of you you may not like the chicken wing socks (did I really just say that?), but to me I was like "heck yes!". I have always been a sock person since I was a child and who wouldn't want socks with chicken wings on them?

So ironically, I wore this look to the food truck and cocktail festival in Channelside. I have been wanting to go to this festival or "food truck rally" for almost 5 years and I was determined tonight. A lot of times I get derailed from these rallies and festivals because I can't have gluten and most are not GF. I saw only one food truck menu tonight for kabobs that were gluten free. The smells of the food were so amazing and I loved the atmosphere so I was pretty satisfied (although the fried catfish was calling my name). I got hubby to wear his KFC t-shirt also.

Vintage T-shirt: KFC Limited
Fried Chicken Socks: KFC Limited Brown
Paperbag waist Full Skirt: New York & Co
Heels: Just Fab Tovah
Necklace: c/o Charming Charlie
Bracelet: c/o Charming Charlie
Bangle: Kendra Scott "Elton" in pyrite (color bar)
Supak beaded bracelet in pyrite:Kendra Scott
Andy Bangle: Kendra Scott in pyrite (color bar)
Lipstick: Color Pop Behr Hug

Hubby: Logo Town T-shirt: KFC Limited
















We finished off the evening at Roy's Tampa because I had a sushi craving. Everything is gluten free except hubby's food.

Crab California Roll

Hubby's Scallops with black rice (not GF)

Amazing sides

I wasn't in the mood for much meat tonight so they made me something small- these shisk kabob steak skewers, about 3 ounces of meat. I was really all about the veggies which is how I usually am.

No comments:

Post a Comment