Monday, August 14, 2017

VLOG CITY LIFE: : Vacation Recap at the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek (Orlando)



Hi loves! Today I wanted to do a recap/ camera roll of my time at Bonnet Creeks Waldorf Asoria Hotel (Orlando). I had such a magical time here this year which is funny because I have stayed here so many times. There is something about the golf courses and swamp land that just calls to me in a way like the beach does. I live right by the beach and basically see water and can go to several beaches anytime I want in Tampa so taking a trip to the exact opposite is so intriguing for me.

There are several reasons why I choose this area to spend my Anniversary vacation here and one of them is that it is only 5 minutes away from Disney Springs which has a muriad of gluten free food (and clear gluten free menus) available. Finding somewhere to eat while on vacation is probably the most stressful part of the trip for me to be honest. I also love that this hotel is one of two resorts and you can freely roam both hotels if you are staying there. So, I can just go back and forth and have dinner at any of the three restaurants I like there: Bull & Bear, La Luce, and Harvest Cafe. 



This year we actually stayed in a suite which coincidentally was 3/4 the size of my condo so I felt right at home in that space. Now what can I say about this suite? Well, I was over the moon with how beautiful everything was from the cherry wood, to the kitchen with a decent sized fridge, to the balcony and ridiculously large bathroom. That bathroom was bigger than mine! It had a full garden tub in it and I was like "oh baby, I am so getting in there before I leave!"







In between days of rain and sometimes short rain showers I spent a lot of time sitting on the balcony which overlooked the pool and I watched people. Yep, I am a people watcher. I loved the view and did I mention nightly fireworks at Disney, Epcot, and Disney Springs? I actually did not get to walk the grounds as much as I had planned to since there was a tropical storm coming through and it rained almost every day.

Below you will find a camera roll of some of my dinner pictures and guess what? Its all gluten free! I also have a few personal photos that I threw in there because how can I not show the Mr. on our 11 year anniversary post? I hope you all enjoyed this peek into my vacation, as you know I used to VLOG it on my channel, but with all these crazy changes that keep getting made to YouTube this was more worth my time and effort, and who doesn't love photos?

La Luce

Bull & Bear






La Luce - again. Their hot chicken was phenomenal so we had it again.







The funny thing about this one photo is that I go to Disney Springs every time I am in Orlando and I never walk over to the side with all the stores. I just so happened to park in the lime parking garage this day and I was like what!? They have a Zara and a MAC store up in here! I was ready to shop! I didn't even get to shop for that long because once again it started raining, but I got some great finds which will be on my YouTube channel later this month. As usual, if you guys want more of a peek into my life or vacay my Snapchat is Fashiontolive. I am on there all the time. Instagram is also Fashiontolive and you can find me on Facebook also. 
XOXO

Harvest Grill: grilled shrimp, broccolini sautéed with butter and oil, and a side of jasmine rice
This is actually one of my favorite meals to get when I am staying at either of the resorts. If you are on the Hilton side you can just order it via room service. The grilled shrimp isn't on the menu, but they make it for me at my request because their menu doesn't have a lot of GF options. The thing that I love about Harvest is that if you tell them "I only want grilled shrimp, broccolini sautéed with butter and oil, and a side of jasmine rice". THEY GIVE YOU JUST THAT. One of my biggest pet peeves as a Celiac is when you just want plain grilled XYZ with a side of rice to make things as simple as possible and then the chef goes and starts throwing special sauces on it because they feel its too plain. That's usually when the glutening occurs.
Myth Poolside bar with my love

Chick Fil A's Gluten free bun

You get the bun packaged separetely to cut down the risk of cross contamination






No comments:

Post a Comment