Thursday, February 5, 2015

VLOG CITY LIFE: February 2015 Food, Friends, & Fashion.



Hi loves! So this is my first blog/city life post for 2015! This year has started off quite interesting for it being only February. I have had a great deal of interactions with new friends and old friends. It has given me a chance to meet new people and do a little networking as well. I have made some interesting New Years resolutions as far as fashion goes and I am just excited and ready to implement them.

February was not planned to be a food heavy month, but I stumbled across a really eclectic group of restaurants in Soho and they all cater to many dietary restrictions including Celiacs/Gluten Intolerance. I have been having a great time eating some foods that I really have not had in over a year and a half. At the same time, I did spend the last month recovering from Holiday glutenings so my body was just not where it should be. As frustrating as that is, I just got out and worked out. I have been going pretty hard since January when I did my first Fabletics fitness challenge.

 Below you will find my three latest vlogs or you can watch them here. This blog post should have actually been posted last month, so don't be surprised if I post an additional City Life update because February is a big month for me!









Datz Tampa, Gluten Free, Cajun Shrimp & Grits with Spinach.


Daily Eats Tampa, Gluten Free, Gyro power bowl




This is a picture from my latest vlog which includes my recipe for Jamaican Chicken Curry.


Recipe for the Jamaican Chicken Curry
1 can light coconut milk
6 chicken thighs
4 tablespoons curry powder (Badia is gluten free)
1 white onion
1 garlic clove
scotch bonnet (substitute with another pepper if you don't have this).
1 tablespoon Thyme
salt & pepper to taste

Heat pan with vegetable oil and add the aromatics. Once the onion and garlic are clear add 4 tbsp of the curry powder and peppers and cook for 5 more minutes.

Add the can of coconut milk and stir. Add 1 tbsp of thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken thighs and let poach covered for 30 minutes. Cook rice and veggies according to the package.

-sides jasmine rice (from Trader Joes)
-365 foods organic veggies (coastal blend) from Whole Foods








On to this pizza…So Pizza Hut rolled out a certified Gluten Free pizza by Udis this month and I had a chance to try it out thanks to Udis!


Overall, the pizza had that classic Pizza Hut taste that I have been craving for so long. I can't say  much for the crust because they burnt my pizza and it was about 50% inedible. So far (about 4 days later) I show no signs of a possible glutening.









No comments:

Post a Comment