Monday, September 1, 2014

Natural Hair:Wash Day Routine With As I Am Coconut Co-wash

This is a basic video on my wash routine. I have always maintained 2 mantras in my natural hair journey: Keep it simple and do what works for you. I don't know if my wash day routine can get any more simple, but it works for me.

On average, it takes me 45 min to wash, detangle/comb, deep condition (or regular condition), and oil rinse my hair. If I have a lot of tangles from a previous style you can add an additional 15 minutes. 

In a nutshell, I wash every 2-3 weeks if my hair is in a twistout or braidout and every 1-2 weeks if it's in a wash and go. Essentially, my hair gets combed 1-2 times a month. I usually clarify or deep condition one a month also. 

Basically, the less washing I have to do the happier I am! I hope you all enjoy the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment